It's prom season for high school teenagers. Typically, on that special night, the one thing all teenage girls want is to look and feel beautiful. Some of you like a lot of make up and some like to look as natural as possible. But the one thing all of you can agree on is that your make up needs to last and to look great in all of your photo's.
First, the most important tip for all of you would be to properly prep your skin. If you don't focus on it, your make up will not look as polished!! Camera's today are not as forgiving as they were "back in the day". Now, you can see every flaw on your face. So, keep your skin fresh -looking! Too much cakey foundation and heavy powder is not what you should go for... but focus on creating a flawless skin look with just enough glow.
Oily skin /Acne Break Out
- Primer should be used for skin that tends to be oily or have break outs.
- Spot treat your pimples, but do not coat your entire face with layers of foundation and thick powder. Let your skin breath!!
- Use matte/oil-absorbing powders
Normal to Dry Skin
- Make sure to use moisturizer for your skin type. If you don't use enough moisturizer for your skin...your make up will not last!
- Go for a dewy look...not too much heavy foundation or powders... otherwise your make up will make noticeably drier up close!
All Skin Types
Everyone should use a concealer for under the eyes. It's a must!!!! And... water-proof mascara is a must!
Then according to the style of make up your going for, you will need to play up the eyes or lips... but never both!! Again, let me reiterate only one area of the face. Too much for your age and it will make you look older...and not in a good way!!!
When doing your eyes, whether your going natural or smoky eyed, use a patting technique when applying your shadow for long-lasting power.
Here are a few different make up looks:
And HAVE FUN!